Tuesday 13 November 2007

Thai radio appearance

Yes well there seems to be a bit of a theme happening here. I think I've covered all forms of local media now!
This story transpired when Emily, a friend from church invited me to a "guest appearance" on an english-learning community radio station here in Chiang Mai. I've been on radio a few times before, it can be fun, so what the hey - I tagged along. Here are the highlights:
- kicking off with a bit of Crowded House (yes, I explained the AUS-ownership of all good NZ music rule on air).
- describing the aussie dessert of choice: pavlova.
- fielding a question about Remembrance Day and the Melbourne Cup public holiday.
- having a song"You are the most beautiful woman...." dedicated to me by a mystery Thai male caller - I replied that I have a face suited to radio, but I'm not sure that joke crossed the language divide.
-promising to play a bit of Slim Dusty the next time I visit (strangely enough I have "The Pub with no Beer" on itunes).
Fun!