Thursday 15 March 2007

#2 Eve of Departure

Hi all newcomers. Saa.wat.dee.kha
What a manic few weeks it's been!
Thanks for all your well wishes - I felt very special this week.
Generally it's all coming together - I head out Fri 16th @ 5.05pm on Thai Airways. I'm feeling pretty exhausted, so I'll restrict this message to some directions:
1. If you'd like to get in contact, you can post a message (I have them hidden but I can see them), or preferably email me at: jenny_schabel@yahoo.com.au
2. I've bought a laptop with a built in camera, and am quickly appreciating the benefits of free video (or normal) phone calls over the internet. You interested? Head to www.skype.com/intl/en/download/. You'll need to sign up and download the free software. My user name is jenny.schabel
3. Most importantly, I'd love to see some faces from home make it over to Chiang Mai this year - it's a very popular international tourist destination, particularly if you like elephants. Free accomodation and some sightseeing are guaranteed (just wait until I have that accomodation sorted!) I'll be spending the first week training in Bangkok, and will start at Chiang Mai Uni on Wed 28th. Not likely to post a blog till then (no news is good news).
Till then, me & my 30kg luggage are farewelling the country.
Jen